Genres & Dragons

Planets & Monsters was a game that I spent a couple years writing but never finished. I was in a group that met for a regular campaign playing the game and the "book" was a frankenstien monster of different sci-fi and fantasy games that I had edited together into one big pdf that was constantly changing. Usually I would take notes during our sessions and incorporate everyones ideas into a new pdf every few months. A couple years ago, I put the campaign on hiatus to rework it as a hack of the popular Blades in the Dark. Not too long after that my computer crashed and I lost the work I had done on Planets & Monsters. 

Instead of trying to remake it based on the pdfs that my group had saved, I started doing game jams and posting games to itch.io and I forgot all about Planets & Monsters for a while. This blog is a tribute to that game, I'll try and explore it's idea of weird and campy sci-fi fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment